WHY CHILDCARE FIRST AID TRAINING IS ESSENTIAL?
Childcare institutions and child care staff in Brisbane are required to have extensive training in First Aid and are CPR certified.
If you’re intending to work in childcare, daycare, child minding or caring for and supervising a child or children; or you’re already work in a day-care centre, as a nanny, babysitter, as a teacher or other provider; then this course is essential for your employment or employment opportunities.
Childcare providers are our children’s first teachers, and therefore play an integral role in our systems of early childhood education as well as the health and safety of our children. Quality care from a young age can have a huge impact on the future successes of children and therefore require the support of qualified professional whom is an adequately trained first aider in the event of an emergency. In addition, background checks, drug testing at centres, and reference verification are normally a requirement.
Childcare is one of those occupations where first aid training is absolutely essential. While there are many reasons for this, it all boils down to the fact that injuries and accidents do happen all the time, and being prepared to deal with them is a top priority.
To be prepared, you must have your first aid certification. If you’re in charge of looking after children, then these are some of the most important certifications to get. The following information below discusses the value that they can bring to your business.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
The fee for this course is $150 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
The fee for the 100% online delivery of this course is $250 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- OPTION 1: Face to Face – 9 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- OPTION 2: Blended delivery – 7 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- OPTION 3: Refresher training – 7 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
- OPTION 4: Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 60 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COURSE DURATIONS:
First aid course durations, as mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an A Training training facility.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Pre-course study for the course is found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, phone, tablet etc. with access to the internet to complete the pre-course study online.
Our First Aid Course in Brisbane is essential if you are working with children in a childcare centre, early learning areas such as preschools, kindergartens, working as a Nanny, public or private schools. This course is the first step and basic requirement to working in these roles as we cover all the potential risks and hazards that a childcare worker or teacher may be faced with on a daily basis which enables you to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies where required.
Our First Aid Training in Brisbane will provide you with the knowledge, skills and most importantly the confidence to be able to handle any emergency that may occur when children are in your care.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children, and adults.
Our First Aid Courses in Brisbane have been approved by ACECQA and meet the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”. http://www.acecqa.gov.au/ and will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
• Respond to an emergency situation
• Apply appropriate emergency first aid procedures
• Perform CPR in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
• Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
• Communicate details of the incident
• Evaluate the incident and own performance
For our First Aid and CPR Courses in Brisbane, it is recommended that participants should have sound LLN skills (language, literacy and numeracy). The participant should contact A Training prior to enrolment for a free assessment if they’re unsure whether they meet this requirement.
Additional support services (such as LLN support) may be required at the cost of the individual based on the individuals needs. A Training additional support services can be found on our Resources page.
• Please read the A Training Student Handbook for student rights and obligations prior to course registration
• By enrolling in a course you are deemed to have accepted the policies and procedures of A Training
• Please be at the course 15 minutes prior to commencement of course
• Admission after the course has commenced will be left to Management’s discretion. A 100% fee will be charged for non-attendance if less than 48 hours or no notice is given in writing.
There are no prerequisites for this course; however it is a requirement of this first aid certificate that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR manikin placed on the floor.
• Own lunch
• Own transport
• Must wear suitable clothing and enclosed in footwear
• Please bring photo identification as needed for your course
• Tea and coffee facilities
• Course material
• Equipment required to complete the training
• Training conducted by experienced safety specialists
• Maximum of 20 students per course
• Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
• Theory and practical training
• Risk management advice for the type of work to be conducted
A DATE ON THE CALENDAR
BELOW THE CALENDAR
INTO YOUR COURSE
The Childcare First Aid Course in Brisbane can be packaged with other courses of your choice. Please contact A Training for a free quote on course packages and receive significant savings.
Call us to make an arrangement suitable for you 1300 707 677