Fire Extinguisher Training Brisbane
Are you looking for Fire Extinguisher Course in Brisbane?
Our Fire Extinguisher Training Courses in Brisbane are very engaging and highly practical. Fire safety and fire extinguisher training is the set of practices intended to reduce the destruction caused by fire. Fire safety measures include those that are intended to prevent ignition of an uncontrolled fire, and those that are used to limit the development and effects of a fire after it starts with the use of fire suppression.
Fire safety measures include those that are planned during the construction of a building or implemented in structures that are already standing.
Threats to fire safety are commonly referred to as fire hazards. A fire hazard may include a situation that increases the likelihood of a fire or may impede escape in the event a fire occurs.
Fire Extinguisher Training Brisbane
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
Provider of Training and Assessment
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Please click this link to view the Allens Training Pty Ltd Student Handbook for this course.
A Training can also be found on the firstaidtraining.com.au website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
The fee for this course is $250 (GST free) per person – book with a group and get a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
• Option 1: Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) full face to face course
• Option 2: Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 30-minute face to face practical assessment.
Important information regarding course durations:
The duration of the CPR courses in Brisbane mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a A Training training facility.
Participants must be able to complete the practical demonstrations for the course, including being able to safely confine emergencies and use initial response equipment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Prepare for emergency situations
- Manage a small chemical spill
- Put out a small paper/wood fire
- Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Facility emergency plan
- Incident/ Emergency report
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
If your workplace has a safety culture of keeping their assets safe, but most importantly keeping their staff safe in the event of an emergency situation, then our fire extinguisher training is for you. The use of an incorrect fire extinguisher could be fatal. Our fire extinguisher training will provide you with the skills, knowledge and most importantly the confidence to be able to handle an emergency and extinguish a small fire that may occur while you are at home or in the workplace. Our fire safety training will provide you the confidence to manage anxiety and the pressure you may face while your natural adrenaline is pumping through your body.
You will learn
• How to identify the differences between fire extinguishers
• Fire triangle
• Fire extinguisher legislative and regulatory requirements
• The different classes of fires (ABCDE fire classes)
• How to identify the best suited fire extinguisher for each fire
• How to raise the alarm for others
• Safety procedures when fighting fires
• Fire safety and evacuation
• How to use a fire extinguisher step by step
• Using fire safety equipment
• Fire fighting tactics and safety procedures
Who may need this course?
• Maintenance workers
• Childcare workers
• Personal trainers
• Youth workers
• Age care workers
• Disability support workers
• Trades assistants
• Trades assistants
• Coal mine workers
• Construction workers
• Machinery operators
• Chefs & cooks
• Security officers
Our Fire extinguisher training course held in Brisbane and throughout Queensland is taught in accordance with Australian Standard 3745-2010 and Australian Standard 4083 to ensure participants are competent to Confine small emergencies in a facility. To ensure that your organisation is compliant with all aspects of emergency management, this standard includes all of the relevant information, including the provision of fire wardens and the regular training of personnel in fire extinguisher training.
You will become equipped with the skills required, to use fire extinguishers in addition; how and when to safely operate this equipment and other relevant equipment during workplace emergencies. This course includes both a theory and a practical component to ensure incidents such as a small fire, can be controlled using a nearby fire extinguisher.
For the Fire extinguisher training, it is recommended that participants should have sound LLN skills (language, literacy and numeracy). The participant should contact A Training prior to enrolment for a free assessment if they’re unsure whether they meet this requirement.
Additional support services (such as LLN support) may be required at the cost of the individual based on the individuals needs. A Training additional support services can be found on our Resources page.
• Please read the A Training Student Handbook for student rights and obligations prior to course registration
• By enrolling in a course you are deemed to have accepted the policies and procedures of A Training
• Please be at the course 15 minutes prior to commencement of course
• Admission after the course has commenced will be left to Management’s discretion. A 100% fee will be charged for non-attendance if less than 48 hours or no notice is given in writing.
There are no pre-requisites for the Fire extinguisher training course; however applicants should be over 18 years of age.
As elements of the course are practical, participants should have the physical ability to undertake practical tasks such as lifting/carrying a 10kg fire extinguisher.
Students must provide
• Own lunch
• Own transport
• Please bring photo identification as needed for your course
• Suitable clothing for fire fighting (cotton drill clothing) and enclosed in footwear
• Tea and coffee facilities
• Course material
• Equipment required to complete the training
• Training conducted by experienced fire safety specialists
• Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
• Theory and practical training
The Fire extinguisher training Brisbane courses can be packaged with other courses of your choice. Please contact A Training for a free quote on course packages and receive significant savings.
Call us to make an arrangement suitable for you 1300 707 677