LOOKING FOR A FIRST AID COURSE BRISBANE?
In all situations, a First Aid Course is more useful if undertaken before it’s required and doubly so for the treatment of illness or injuries sustained during an actual emergency.
Some basic techniques and acumen are garnered through life experience, such as knowing to exert direct pressure to a bleed or how to apply an adhesive bandage; however, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or invasive procedures can carry further risk to an already ill patient if not administered correctly.
This is why effective first aid interventions require clear instruction and practical, demonstrable First Aid Training.
Ewan is a great boss to work for. He’s been in the role for three decades since graduating from school and has maintained his high attention to detail. He is considerate but has made it clear he has high expectations in your ability to perform the tasks of your role.
One day you find Ewan has great difficulty remembering even the basic aspects of his job, his speech comes haltingly and he keeps dropping his mobile phone.
Do you know what these symptoms might indicate and what actions you need to take to ensure Ewan receives an appropriate level of care in a timely manner?
Given Ewan’s history, the symptoms described suggest he may have had a stroke and the longer it remains untreated, the greater the likelihood of brain damage.
Ewan requires emergency medical intervention as soon as possible after such symptoms present greatly improves Ewan’s chance of survival and successful rehabilitation.
Our Brisbane First Aid Courses will assist you in taking a proactive approach and be prepared for the unexpected medical emergencies. To make a booking, use our First Aid Course Brisbane booking calendar or call our office on 1300 707 677
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
The fee for this course is $120 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
• OPTION 1: Face to Face – 7.5 hours (minimum) full face to face course
• OPTION 2: Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
• OPTION 3: Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
• OPTION 4: Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 60 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
• OPTION 5: 100% Online Training – self paced online learning with a scheduled 1.5 hour (minimum) video conference practical assessment with a trainer.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COURSE DURATIONS:
The duration of our First Aid Course in Brisbane mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a A Training training facility.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Pre-course study for the course is found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, phone, tablet etc. with access to the internet to complete the pre-course study online.
Our First Aid Course in Brisbane is essential if you want to learn how to treat or save a family member or friend in the event of an emergency. Our First Aid Courses will provide you with the skills and knowledge, but most importantly the confidence to be able to handle any emergency on your own that may potentially occur with a friend, family member or a stranger in desperate need of assistance, which could save their life. You will learn basic anatomy and physiology and how to apply the DRSABCD procedures for treating a casualty and includes the CPR component.
Our Brisbane First Aid Course is generally provided with the assistance of others, and is followed by medical care. It can be used in prevention of disease and injury, as well as to provide relief from minor illnesses and conditions such as headaches or insect bites. First aid also includes the skills that allow a person to deal with a sick or injured person until medical help arrives.
Immediate First Aid given to a person who is injured, unconscious or in need of urgent medical attention. It is generally performed by someone with basic medical training. Mental health First Aid is an extension of the concept of first aid to cover mental health and psychological illness, while psychological first aid is used as early treatment of people who are at risk of developing PTSD.
A First Aid Course is a vital skill set that can be used to keep someone alive until professional help arrives. In the event of an emergency, it’s better to have some basic knowledge than none at all. Here are some important first aid tips to consider:
Call 000 (or 112 via mobile) – If someone needs medical attention, call 000 immediately. This is the best way to get them the help they need in time.
Anybody can learn the basics of first aid, and the numbers are staggering.
There are on average 7610 calls per day and 90% of them are for non-life threatening emergencies.
It takes an average of 11 minutes for an ambulance to arrive at the scene in a life-threatening emergency.
A First Aid Course Brisbane is essential for everybody wishing to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to provide immediate assistance to anyone suffering sudden illness or injury and A Training teaches the use of appropriate care to preserve life, prevent a condition from worsening, and to promote recovery.
You’ll learn how to deal with life or death situations in a calm and empathetic manner which will instil in those you’re treating confidence in your abilities while also reassuring their friends and family.
In addition to educating you how to treat less serious conditions during your First Aid Course Brisbane, such as minor burns, we’ll also teach you how to undertake vital initial interventions, such as competently utilising defibrillators while waiting for an ambulance or other medical professional to arrive.
During your Brisbane First Aid Course, you will learn:
• Responding and assessing an emergency situation
• Legal and duty of care responsibilities
• How to apply the primary survey and the secondary survey
• The DRSABCD procedure
• Dangers of performing first aid and CPR
• When to start CPR and when to stop
• Treatment for burns
• Treating a patient that is choking
• How to effectively perform Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult, child and infant
• Wound care and bleeding control
• Performing CPR in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
• Managing patients suffering from asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes, strokes, seizures, shock
• Management for snake and spider bites, stings, eye and needle stick injuries
• First Aid management for fractures, strains, sprains, dislocations and abdominal wounds
• How to safely use an AED (Defibrillator)
• Safety precautions using a Defibrillator
• Infection control and safe work practices
• Placing a patient into the recovery position using correct manual handling techniques
• Privacy and confidentiality requirements
• Communicating details of the incident to relevant authorities
Who may need our Brisbane First Aid Course, includes but not limited to:
• Maintenance workers
• Childcare workers
• Personal trainers
• Swimming instructors
• Youth workers
• Age care workers
• Disability support workers
• Coal mine workers
• Construction workers
• Chefs & cooks
• Security officers
Our First Aid Course in Brisbane is essential for everyday life events, allowing you to provide immediate and effective First Aid to workers or others who have been injured or become ill at the workplace or at home. Your first aid treatment to a family or friend may reduce the severity of the injury or illness and promote recovery. in some cases it could mean saving someone’s life or your own.
You will gain the confidence how to follow the DRSABCD procedures and provide the immediate treatment or care required to be given to a person suffering from an injury or illness until more advanced care is provided or the person recovers.
For our First Aid and CPR Courses in Brisbane, it is recommended that participants should have sound LLN skills (language, literacy and numeracy). The participant should contact A Training prior to enrolment for a free assessment if they’re unsure whether they meet this requirement.
Additional support services (such as LLN support) may be required at the cost of the individual based on the individuals needs. A Training additional support services can be found on our Resources page.
• Please read the A Training Student Handbook for student rights and obligations prior to course registration.
• By enrolling in a course you are deemed to have accepted the policies and procedures of A Training
• Please be at the course 15 minutes prior to commencement of course.
• Admission after the course has commenced will be left to Management’s discretion. A 100% fee will be charged for non-attendance if less than 48 hours or no notice is given in writing.
There are no pre-requisites for our First Aid Training Courses in Brisbane; however it is a requirement of this first aid certificate that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR manikin placed on the floor.
• Own lunch
• Own transport
• Must wear suitable clothing and enclosed in footwear
• Please bring photo identification as needed for your course
• Tea and coffee facilities
• Course material
• Equipment required to complete the training
• Training conducted by experienced safety specialists
• Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
• Theory and practical training
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s)
For a Brisbane First Aid Course with A Training, the cost is $120 (GST free) per person. However, prices for First Aid Courses in Brisbane vary between organisations.
Why you would choose A Training for your First Aid Course over other organisations?
Our highly experienced Trainer / Assessors ensure you enjoy participating in the course and feel very comfortable in a learning environment. Below is what previous customers have described their experience with A Training:
- Good quality content and friendly instructor. I liked that I could complete majority of the work online, and I needed to attend one hour workshop for assessment and enhancement of what I’ve learnt online. I found this system was effective in retaining the knowledge learnt through this course.
- LVR CPR Brisbane was easy, fast and well informed session with teacher. First LVR CPR refresher in a while since I’ve learned something new. Was specifically thankful for the information about care of children and infants during CPR.
- First aid CPR. It was to the point and didn’t muck around. Trainer answered all questions and was a great teacher I learned that CPR is a great skill to have especially since we are getting a pool soon. Thank you very much again.
- I liked the way the trainer teaches with his sense of humour, would recommend anyone to do their course with A Training.
- Completed First Aid, LVR CPR in Brisbane. Easy off street parking. Trainer was very helpful and answered all questions and made it easy to understand.
The short answer is Yes, you can complete a First Aid Course Online.
A Training offers 2 types of online delivery methods for the First Aid Course Online:
- Option 1 – Online Training with Face to Face Assessment, which involves a face to face assessment with the addition of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Option 2 – 100% Online Training, this delivery method is self paced online learning with a scheduled video conference practical assessment with a trainer.
Durations on First Aid Courses in Brisbane vary depending on the type and delivery method chosen by the student. A Training offers various delivery methods; based on customer preferences, and the challenges COVID-19 presents, the preferred method of delivery is via:
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 60 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course, or
- 100% Online Training – self paced online learning with a scheduled 1.5 hour (minimum) video conference practical assessment with a trainer.
A DATE ON THE CALENDAR
BELOW THE CALENDAR
INTO YOUR COURSE
The First Aid Course Brisbane is conducted regularly and can be packaged with other courses of your choice. Please contact A Training for a free quote on course packages and receive significant savings.
Call us to make an arrangement suitable for you 1300 707 677