First Aid Course In Brisbane And Throughout Qld
Looking for a First Aid Course in Brisbane?
Our first aid course in Brisbane is an essential course that will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge, but most importantly the confidence to provide assistance to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury. With the appropriate care provided to the patient you will develop the skills to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery. It includes initial intervention in a patient with a serious condition prior to professional medical help being available, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of minor conditions, such as applying compression bandages open wounds.
Basic principles, such as knowing how to use an adhesive bandage or applying direct pressure on a bleed, are often acquired passively through life experiences. However, to provide effective, life-saving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); these procedures may be invasive, and carry a risk of further injury to the patient and the provider. As with any training, it is more useful if the training occurs before an actual emergency.
First Aid Course
Unit(s) Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
Provider of Training and Assessment
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Please click this link to view the Allens Training Pty Ltd Student Handbook for this course.
A Training can also be found on the firstaidtraining.com.au website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
The fee for this course is $120 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
• Option 1: Face to Face – 7.5 hours (minimum) full face to face course
• Option 2: Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
• Option 3: Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
• Option 4: Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 60 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
Important information regarding course durations:
The duration of the First aid courses in Brisbane mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a A Training training facility.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Pre-course study for the course is found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, phone, tablet etc. with access to the internet to complete the pre-course study online.
The First aid course Brisbane is essential if you want to learn how to treat or save a family member or friend in the event of an emergency. Our first aid courses will provide you with the skills and knowledge, but most importantly the confidence to be able to handle any emergency on your own that may potentially occur with a friend, family member or a stranger in desperate need of assistance, which could save their life. You will learn basic anatomy and physiology and how to apply the DRSABCD procedures for treating a casualty and includes the CPR component.
What is CPR?
CPR is an acronym for Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, which is an emergency procedure that is often combined with chest compression’s and artificial ventilation in an effort to manually preserve intact brain function until further measures are taken to restore spontaneous blood circulation and breathing in a person who is in cardiac arrest. It is recommended in those who are unresponsive with no breathing or abnormal breathing.
CPR involves chest compression’s at one third of the patients chest depth and at a rate of at least 100 to 120 compression’s per minute. The rescuer may also provide artificial ventilation by exhaling air into the subject’s mouth or nose (mouth-to-mouth resuscitation) or by using a device that pushes air into the subject’s lungs (mechanical ventilation).
You will learn
• How to assess and respond to an emergency situation
• The legal responsibilities of a first aider
• About the duty of care responsibilities to yourself and others
• About the primary survey
• About the secondary survey
• How to use the DRSABCD procedure
• The dangers of performing first aid and CPR
• When to commence and stop CPR
• How to treat a patient for burns
• How to treat a choking patient
• How to perform Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for an adult, child and infant
• Wound care and bleeding control
• Perform CPR in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
• Management for asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes, strokes, seizures, shock
• Management for snake and spider bites, stings, eye injuries, needle stick injuries,
• Management for fractures, strains, sprains, dislocations, abdominal wounds,
• How to use an AED (defibrillator)
• The safety precautions of using a defibrillator
• Safe work practices and infection control
• How to put a patient into the recovery position
• Privacy and confidentiality
• How to communicate details of the incident
Who may need this first aid course?
• Maintenance workers
• Childcare workers
• Personal trainers
• Swimming instructors
• Youth workers
• Age care workers
• Disability support workers
• Coal mine workers
• Construction workers
• Chefs & cooks
• Security officers
The First aid course Brisbane is essential for everyday life events, allowing you to provide immediate and effective first aid to workers or others who have been injured or become ill at the workplace or at home. Your first aid treatment to a family or friend may reduce the severity of the injury or illness and promote recovery. in some cases it could mean saving someone’s life or your own.
You will gain the confidence how to follow the DRSABCD procedures and provide the immediate treatment or care required to be given to a person suffering from an injury or illness until more advanced care is provided or the person recovers.
For our First aid and CPR courses in Brisbane, it is recommended that participants should have sound LLN skills (language, literacy and numeracy). The participant should contact A Training prior to enrolment for a free assessment if they’re unsure whether they meet this requirement.
Additional support services (such as LLN support) may be required at the cost of the individual based on the individuals needs. A Training additional support services can be found on our Resources page.
• Please read the A Training Student Handbook for student rights and obligations prior to course registration.
• By enrolling in a course you are deemed to have accepted the policies and procedures of A Training
• Please be at the course 15 minutes prior to commencement of course.
• Admission after the course has commenced will be left to Management’s discretion. A 100% fee will be charged for non-attendance if less than 48 hours or no notice is given in writing.
There are no pre-requisites for the First aid course Brisbane training; however it is a requirement of this first aid certificate that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR manikin placed on the floor.
Participants must provide
• Own lunch
• Own transport
• Must wear suitable clothing and enclosed in footwear
• Please bring photo identification as needed for your course
• Tea and coffee facilities
• Course material
• Equipment required to complete the training
• Training conducted by experienced safety specialists
• Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
• Theory and practical training
The First aid course Brisbane is conducted regularly and can be packaged with other courses of your choice. Please contact A Training for a free quote on course packages and receive significant savings.
Call us to make an arrangement suitable for you 1300 707 677