LVR CPR Brisbane
Looking for a LVR CPR Training Course in Brisbane?
Our LVR CPR course in Brisbane covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace. Our course specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situations.
CPR / LVR Course
Unit(s) Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
• UETDRRF004 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
• HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
Provider of Training and Assessment
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Please click this link to view the Allens Training Pty Ltd Student Handbook for this course.
A Training can also be found on the firstaidtraining.com.au website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
The fee for this course is $110 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
• Option 1: Face to Face – 5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
• Option 2: Blended delivery – 3.5 hours (minimum) – with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning
• Option 3: Refresher training – 3.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
• Option 4: Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 30 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 5 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
Important information regarding course durations:
The duration of the LVR CPR course in Brisbane mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a A Training training facility.
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions)
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
- Online study option: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Recommended renewal for HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is every 12 months.
UETTDRRF06 – Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel – Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Low voltage panel rescue
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Pre-course study for the course is found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, phone, tablet etc. with access to the internet to complete the pre-course study online.
LVR CPR Course Description
The LVR CPR training course in Brisbane is essential if you’re conducting live work or working with live switchboards. During the LVR CPR course you will be provided with the skills, knowledge and most importantly the confidence to be able to handle an emergency situation and save a work colleague’s life in the event they may have been receiving an electric shock whilst working from a live low voltage (LV) apparatus. This does not include overhead lines and underground cables in a workplace.
You will learn
• Inspection of low voltage rescue equipment
• Common faults with low voltage rescue equipment
• Assessing hazards to the rescuer, victims and others
• Isolation procedures where appropriate for rescue
• Safe Approach Distances
• Involvement of external emergency services
• Placement of low voltage rescue equipment
• Controlling hazards to the rescuer, victims and others
• Hazards of switchboard rescue
• How to rescue a person
• Removing a victim to a safe location / place of safety
• How to perform CPR (cardio pulmonary resuscitation)
• Treatment for burns
• How to place a breathing casualty into the recovery position
You will also learn the contents of a rescue kit and correct location of each piece of equipment, dangers of toxic gases from an electrical fire and basic procedures to manage burns.
LVR CPR Course Content
Whilst completing the LVR CPR course in Brisbane, you will learn the specific mandatory requirements for rescue from a live low voltage switchboard panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. The low voltage rescue training will also include your responsibilities for health, safety, risk management at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices in normal work within.
The LVR CPR Brisbane course is relevant to those who provide emergency first aid in the work environment particularly where a low voltage apparatus is used.
During our LVR CPR Brisbane course, you will be taught how to apply work procedures and instructions for risk control, personal safety and the safety of others on the site, how to identify and label isolation points in accordance with workplace procedures, how to isolate the electricity supply using the appropriate apparatus, removal of a victim from live conductors/apparatus and how to perform first aid treatment for burns.
For the LVR CPR Brisbane course, it is recommended that participants should have sound LLN skills (language, literacy and numeracy). The participant should contact A Training prior to enrolment for a free assessment if they’re unsure whether they meet this requirement.
Additional support services (such as LLN support) may be required at the cost of the individual based on the individuals needs. A Training additional support services can be found on our Resources page.
• Please read the A Training Student Handbook for student rights and obligations prior to course registration.
• By enrolling in a course you are deemed to have accepted the policies and procedures of A Training
• Please be at the course 15 minutes prior to commencement of course.
• Admission after the course has commenced will be left to Management’s discretion. A 100% fee will be charged for non-attendance if less than 48 hours or no notice is given in writing.
There are no pre-requisites for the LVR CPR Brisbane course
Participants must provide
• Own lunch
• Own transport
• Must wear suitable clothing and enclosed in footwear
• Please bring photo identification as needed for your course
• Tea and coffee facilities
• Course material
• Equipment required to complete the training
• Training conducted by experienced safety specialists
• Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
• Theory and practical training
The LVR CPR Brisbane course can be packaged with other courses of your choice. Please contact A Training for a free quote on course packages and receive significant savings.
Call us to make an arrangement suitable for you 1300 707 677