IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
The fee for this course is $110 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
• Option 1: Face to Face – 5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
• Option 2: Blended delivery – 3.5 hours (minimum) – with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning
• Option 3: Refresher training – 3.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
• Option 4: Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 30 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 5 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
Important information regarding course durations:
The duration of our CPR LVR Course in Brisbane mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a A Training training facility.
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions)
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
- Online study option: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Recommended renewal for HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is every 12 months.
UETDRRF004 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel – Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Low voltage panel rescue
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Pre-course study for the course is found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, phone, tablet etc. with access to the internet to complete the pre-course study online.
The CPR LVR course in Brisbane is essential if you’re conducting live work or working with live switchboards. During the CPR LVR course you will be provided with the skills, knowledge and most importantly the confidence to be able to handle an emergency situation and save a work colleague’s life in the event they may have been receiving an electric shock whilst working from a live low voltage (LV) apparatus. This does not include overhead lines and underground cables in a workplace.
• Inspection of low voltage rescue equipment
• Common faults with low voltage rescue equipment
• Assessing hazards to the rescuer, victims and others
• Isolation procedures where appropriate for rescue
• Safe Approach Distances
• Involvement of external emergency services
• Placement of low voltage rescue equipment
• Controlling hazards to the rescuer, victims and others
• Hazards of switchboard rescue
• How to rescue a person
• Removing a victim to a safe location / place of safety
• How to perform CPR (cardio pulmonary resuscitation)
• Treatment for burns
• How to place a breathing casualty into the recovery position
You will also learn the contents of a rescue kit and correct location of each piece of equipment, dangers of toxic gases from an electrical fire and basic procedures to manage burns.
Whilst completing the LVR CPR Course in Brisbane, you will learn the specific mandatory requirements for rescue from a live low voltage switchboard panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. The low voltage rescue training will also include your responsibilities for health, safety, risk management at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices in normal work within.
During our LVR CPR Brisbane course, you will be taught how to apply work procedures and instructions for risk control, personal safety and the safety of others on the site, how to identify and label isolation points in accordance with workplace procedures, how to isolate the electricity supply using the appropriate apparatus, removal of a victim from live conductors/apparatus and how to perform first aid treatment for burns.
The LVR CPR Brisbane Course is relevant to those who provide emergency first aid in the work environment particularly where a low voltage apparatus is used.
For the LVR CPR Brisbane Course, it is recommended that participants should have sound LLN skills (language, literacy and numeracy). The participant should contact A Training prior to enrolment for a free assessment if they’re unsure whether they meet this requirement.
Additional support services (such as LLN support) may be required at the cost of the individual based on the individuals needs. A Training additional support services can be found on our Resources page.
• Please read the A Training Student Handbook for student rights and obligations prior to course registration.
• By enrolling in a course you are deemed to have accepted the policies and procedures of A Training
• Please be at the course 15 minutes prior to commencement of course.
• Admission after the course has commenced will be left to Management’s discretion. A 100% fee will be charged for non-attendance if less than 48 hours or no notice is given in writing.
There are no pre-requisites for the LVR CPR Brisbane Course
• Own lunch
• Own transport
• Must wear suitable clothing and enclosed in footwear
• Please bring photo identification as needed for your course
• Tea and coffee facilities
• Course material
• Equipment required to complete the training
• Training conducted by experienced safety specialists
• Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
• Theory and practical training
A DATE ON THE CALENDAR
BELOW THE CALENDAR
INTO YOUR COURSE
CPR LVR FAQ’s (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
A CPR LVR Course is designed to provide knowledge and practical skills to perform a rescue in the unfortunate event of a worker becoming electrified by an electrical apparatus, for example a Low Voltage Switch Board. The Course also provides the participants basic life saving skills, for example CPR.
Certification in LVR CPR is a nationally recognized program that provides the skills and knowledge required to prevent and respond to an emergency related to electric shock & cardiac arrest. Every year, over 350,000 people suffer sudden cardiac arrests and less than 10% survive. The goal of LVR CPR is to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to improve survival rates.
The recommended renewal period for HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is every 12 months.
Rescue from live LV panels – Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend a refresher training every 12 months. It is recommended that employers consult with stakeholders in order to determine the appropriate training period, as the certificate does not indicate an industry recommended renewal.
For example: Queensland Legislation Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 Schedule 9 Dictionary states;
(a) generally, for electrical work, means a person who—
(i) is competent—
(A) to implement control measures in an emergency; and
(B) to rescue and resuscitate a worker who is carrying out the work, if necessary; and
(ii) has been assessed in the previous 1 year as competent to rescue and resuscitate a person
A LVR CPR Certificate is an important certification that is required for all employees who work with, or near live electricity as an electrician, safety observer or trades assistant.
Employers must ensure that workers performing electrical work or helping to perform electrical work are competent in rescue and resuscitation processes according to recognised industry practices.
Having this certification assists with the safety of employees and others nearby in case anything goes wrong. This certificate is most often required in industrial settings, but it may also be necessary for construction workers working on new buildings where there are many electrical components or even workers working on solar farms.
Under Queensland Legislation, the Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 Section 28 states; Employers must ensure workers who are required to perform, or help in performing, electrical work are competent in rescue and resuscitation in accordance with recognised practices in the electricity industry.
A low voltage rescue kit is a kit which contains the necessary equipment to respond to an emergency. The contents of a low voltage rescue kit can vary, but there are some items that are necessary in every kit.
During your LVR CPR Course with A Training in Brisbane, you will inspect a standard low voltage rescue kit / bag for serviceability. The LVR bag may contain, but not limited to:
Burns/Trauma Dressing – Non Stick
Insulated LV Rescue Crook
Insulated Rubber Gloves
Isolate Here in Emergency Sign
Additional items for your site LVR kit / bag, may include, but not limited to:
First Aid Kit
Rubber Insulation Mat
The LVR CPR Brisbane Course can be packaged with other courses of your choice. Please contact A Training for a free quote on course packages and receive significant savings.
Call us to make an arrangement suitable for you 1300 707 677