S123 (G189) MINE SUPERVISOR
LOOKING FOR A S123 (G189) COURSE IN BRISBANE?
If you’re about to become the next team leader or supervisor for a work crew, and perhaps you’re FIFO from Brisbane, then this course is for you. Our S123 Courses in Brisbane will help you to protect the safety and health of persons at the mine and persons who may be affected by mining operations. This course will help provide you with the knowledge, skills and most importantly the confidence to be able to handle the role of a mine supervisor.
People currently working in a supervisory role or if you’re an existing employee who is considering a move into a supervisory role within metalliferous mining, coal mining, drilling & mining exploration, civil construction or LNG projects; are encouraged to enrol in this course.
IF YOU WISH TO BOOK OVER THE PHONE PLEASE CALL 1300 707 677
S123 (G189) MINE SUPERVISOR COURSE
UNIT(S) BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course.
The S123 Course in Brisbane is nationally recognised. Students who are deemed ‘Competent’ will be awarded a nationally recognised statement of attainment for:
• RIIRIS301E – Apply risk management processes
• RIICOM301E – Communicate information
• RIIWHS301E – Conduct safety and health investigations
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Col Joy Training Services Pty Ltd (RTO # 6491)
Please click this link to view the Col Joy Training Services Pty Ltd Student Handbook for this course.
A Training can also be found on the firstaidtraining.com.au website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
The fee for this course is $980 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
3 days – Aligned with Industry Expectation
WHY YOU NEED THIS COURSE
Our S1 S2 S3 Brisbane Training Course will help you fulfil your legal obligation as a supervisor on a mine site under sections 56 of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 and section 51 of the Mining and Quarrying Health and Safety Act 1999 which states;
“A site senior executive must not assign the tasks of a supervisor to a person unless the person—
(a) is competent to perform the task assigned; and
(b) if there is a safety and health competency for supervisors recognised by the committee, has the relevant competency.”
THE S123 COURSES IN BRISBANE WILL HELP EXISTING:
• Workplace supervisors
• Mining supervisors
• Union representatives
• Safety committee members
• Safety officers
• Assistant safety officers
• Staff responsible for overseeing WHS on mining, extractive industries and construction sites
• Conduct and review detailed risk assessments
• Apply risk management in a supervisory role
• Conduct inspections
• Gather and analyse evidence
• Conduct investigations
• Determine the cause of the incident
• Report findings of the investigations
• Make recommendations to address the issue
• Communicate information orally and in writing
• Develop communication skills
• Participate in negotiations
• Achieve meeting outcomes
• Make a presentation
• Tea and coffee facilities
• Course material
• Equipment required to complete the training
• Training conducted by experienced coal mining specialists
• Maximum of 12 students per course
• Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
• Theory and practical training
• Risk management advice for the type of work to be conducted
It is recommended that participants should have sound LLN skills (language, literacy and numeracy). The participant should contact A Training prior to enrolment for a free assessment if they’re unsure whether they meet this requirement.
Students will be expected to complete an assessment for language, literacy and numeracy on the day of training, this will help the Trainer Assessor to identify what additional assistance you may require throughout the course. Additional support services (such as LLN support) may be required at the cost of the individual based on the individuals needs. A Training additional support services can be found on our Resources page.
• Please read the A Training Student Handbook for student rights and obligations prior to course registration.
• By enrolling in a course you are deemed to have accepted the policies and procedures of A Training
• Please be at the course 15 minutes prior to commencement of course.
• Admission after the course has commenced will be left to Management’s discretion. A 100% fee will be charged for non-attendance if less than 48 hours or no notice is given in writing.
There are no pre-requisites for the S123 training. However applicants should be over 18, preferably have some recent work experience in resources or infrastructure construction and if in resources, hold the Standard 11.
• Own lunch
• Own transport
• Must wear suitable clothing and enclosed in footwear
• Please bring photo identification as needed for your course
• Oral presentations
• Written assessments
• Practical assessment
84 Refresher training
(1) The site senior executive for a coal mine must ensure each coal mine worker at the mine, including each worker holding a senior management or supervisory position and each worker holding a certificate of competency, is given refresher training under the mine’s training scheme at least once every 5 years.
(2) The worker must undergo the training.
The S1 S2 S3 Brisbane Training Course can be packaged with other courses of your choice. Please contact A Training for a free quote on course packages and receive significant savings.
Call us to make an arrangement suitable for you 1300 707 677