White Card Face To Face
QUEENSLAND – General Construction Induction Card
Need your White Card course face to face in Brisbane or surrounding areas? If you have never worked in the construction industry before or you have lost your White Card; then this is the course for you.
A construction worker must have completed general construction induction training (commonly known as the “White Card”) before being permitted to commence work on a construction site. This is a mandatory requirement across Australia.
This course will help introduce you to or serve as a reminder of the current health and safety legislative requirements, personal awareness, and the basic principles of risk management for working in the construction industry in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
Unit(s) Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
Provider of Training and Assessment
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Please click this link to view the Allens Training Pty Ltd Student Handbook for this course.
A Training can also be found on the firstaidtraining.com.au website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
Group/company bookings only, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Face to Face – 4 hours (minimum) – There are specific conditions, for example: 100 points of identification must be provided.
Important information regarding course durations:
The duration of the White Card course mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a A Training training facility.
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 will need the following to be eligible for entry:
- Proof of age must be 14 years or over (parent guardian consent required if under 18).
- Valid working email address.
- Points of current and valid identification (including Photographic ID). Student will be provided with an Evidence of Identification Checklist (EOI) to complete on enrolment.
- Physical capacity to demonstrate the correct donning and removing of PPE for assessment
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
The student must orally explain:
- PPE and signage
- Construction signage
- Safe work practices
- Fire safety equipment
- Emergency response – fire
- Designated health and safety personnel
- Workplace documents
- Incident and emergency response – personal injury
- Identify, report and control construction hazards
The student must physically and correctly fit and adjust PPE:
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- High visibility reflective vest
- Ear protection (muffs or plugs)
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.
There is no pre-course study for this unit.
You will learn how to:
• Identify OHS legislative requirements
• Identify construction hazards and control measures
• Identify OHS communication and reporting processes
• Identify OHS incident response procedures
• Apply basic risk management and conduct an assessment of construction work
• Apply safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
• Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors
The White Card course is conducted face to face, and it is recommended that participants should have sound LLN skills (language, literacy and numeracy). The participant should contact A Training prior to enrolment for a free assessment if they’re unsure whether they meet this requirement.
Additional support services (such as LLN support) may be required at the cost of the individual based on the individuals needs. A Training additional support services can be found on our Resources page.
• Please read the A Training Student Handbookfor student rights and obligations prior to course registration.
• By enrolling in a course you are deemed to have accepted the policies and procedures of A Training
• Please be at the course 15 minutes prior to commencement of course.
• Admission after the course has commenced will be left to Management’s discretion. A 100% fee will be charged for non-attendance if less than 48 hours or no notice is given in writing.
Who is this course recommended for?
The White Card course is recommended for workers who need to work on a construction site, which may include; but not limited to:
• Sign fabricators / writers and installers
• Electrical engineers
• Maintenance personnel
• Rope access workers / technicians
• Belt Splicers
• Rubber Liners
• Sheetmetal workers
• Franna / Crane Operators
• EWP / Boom Operators
• Field Service Technicians
• CCTV Technicians
• NDT Technicians
• NBN installation technicians
• Structural Engineers
• Telecommunications and cable installation personnel
• CSG / LNG workers
• Work Health and Safety representatives and advisors
You must be over 14 years of age to complete this course
The Queensland White Card online course (CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry) can only be completed by those students who have a Queensland residential address.
Participants must provide
• Own lunch
• Own transport
• Must wear suitable clothing and enclosed in footwear
• Please bring photo identification as needed for your course
• Tea and coffee facilities
• Course material
• Equipment required to complete the training
• Training conducted by experienced safety specialists
• Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
• Theory and practical training
The White card is completed online and can be packaged with other courses of your choice. Please contact A Training for a free quote on course packages and receive significant savings. Call us to make an arrangement suitable for you 1300 707 677.
A Training can also be found on the findtraining.com.au website.